Saturday, December 13, 2008

A New Voice Speaks

“We have time for sharing while the assistants prepare a surprise,” said IAM.

Slowly a number of hands we raised.
IAM called on Chuck. “That was amazing. I had no idea how trapped I was in my parents. My attitudes and my pudgy scared body wasn’t even my own. I assumed everything they were and then fought them while becoming them. I want to produce this experience for others. Everyone needs to feel the freedom of being themselves.”

Alan the analytical was next. He stood up without his glasses. “I can see, without my glasses.” His eyes red from tears, “I was my mom, hiding behind glasses, protecting myself from being bullied. Ya know, can’t hit a kid with glasses. I’ve meditated, been in therapy, been in an esoteric school, nothing was as powerful as this. Will it last?”

“If you want it too,” said MA.

“ Yes, this process, your experience is now yours. You are no longer trapped in the habits and beliefs of your parents. The real excitement begins tomorrow when you reawake into life,’ added IAM.

“My mom was a slut, just like me,’ Jules shared. “All this sleeping around was to show her I was in control, but really I was just acting out.” She paused and scanned the room with a smile, “But it was fun.”

Everyone laughed except Karla. She raised her hand and all the other hands went down.
“What’s happening Karla?,” said IAM.
Karla stood, her head down, fists clinched.
“Karla, can you look at me?” Said MA.
The neophytes were hushed in an awed silence, waiting for an explosion.
Slowly her head rose and a smile appeared. “I love you guys.”
Ma walked off the stage toward Karla and they hugged. Hands everywhere went up for Kleenex.

As the moment passed Art raised his hand and caught IAM’s eye.
“Art.”
“I want to be one of your friends you talked about on the first day.”
The room looked around to see who was speaking. Art was the only one standing, but no one recognized the voice.
IAM came off the stage and spoke “I recognized you the moment you walked in the room. We have been more than friends for lifetimes and we are again.”
Art sat down and realized he had his own voice, not his fathers.

No comments: